Do I automatically qualify for unlimited nursing home care if I am enrolled in the VA health plan?
The following veterans qualify automatically for unlimited nursing home care:
- Persons who seek nursing home care for service-related conditions.
- Those with a service-connected disability rating of 70%, based on the VA rating system for service-connected disabilities.
- Individuals who have a service-connected disability rating of 60% and are unemployable.
A service-connected disability is a disability that the Department of Veterans Affairs has officially ruled was incurred or aggravated while on active duty in the military and in the line of duty.
Once the VA rules that your illness and/or condition is directly related to your active military service, it assigns a rating to each disability. The ratings are established by VA regional offices around the country.
Please call us at Elder Law Associates PA at 1-800-ELDERLAW if you have any questions regarding the above.
<< Back to Questions
- Elder Law
- Medicaid Planning &
Long Term Care Planning
- Nursing Home/Assisted Living
Facility Residents' Rights
- Special Needs Planning
- Asset Preservation Planning
- Planning for VA Aid & Attendance Eligibility
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship, Fiduciary &
- Personal Injury Litigation